Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Empowered On A Budget" Fashion Show

So I have been waiting for this day for months!!!! I volunteer at the Women In Distress Organization (WIDwww.womenindistress.org/) and wanted to do something extra special to help raise money and awareness for the organization. I found a young lady by the name of Nadine Ford. She is a make-up artist and owner of Perfectly Made-Up on (Instagram @glam_squad). She was having a beauty expo for WID and I was looking forward to attending, but at the last minute I had to travel. So I asked my contact at WID how the event went, and I was advised she was preparing to have another one. I was put in contact with Nadine to see if I could be of any assistance with her upcoming event.

I meet Nadine and we hit it off RIGHT away. I could see the passion in her eyes, and that she is driven. This made me want to work with her even more. So we decided that I would do the fashion show associated with her event. I started to think about how I could make this fashion show appealing to everyday women that want to look fabulous and not spend a lot of money. Since I have worked with the Thrift Store for Women In Distress (1327 S S.R. 7) with the Perfection I Am program, I decided to use their clothing for the fashion show. This is how Empowered On A Budget came alive.  


Planning and executing this show was one of the most exhilarating times of my life. To see sooooo many people come together to support our women, who may be going through a terrible ordeal in a relationship, made the StyleLuxe Beauty And Fashion Expo a HIT!

Each outfit showcased by the amazingly beautiful models were all under $20. I was like a proud mom watching each lady go out there giving the crowd their "fierceness". I could feel how confident they were walking the runway, and how amazed the crowd was to see the many amazing outfits you can find under $20.

I can not wait to show the world tips and pics on how to look and feel amazing on a budget. I can't express this enough, it is a wonderful feeling to give BACK!

Yours truly, 
MitzDstylez 
XOXO

PS- It's the style in me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment